The Prince George’s County Council, supported by technology, will convene a virtual Council session on Tuesday, June 9th at 10:00 a.m. The Council’s Committee of the Whole (COW) will meet following Tuesday’s Council session on June 9th at 11:00 a.m. to review proposed legislation.
The County Council agenda for June 9th includes the presentation and introduction of several measures; proposed correspondence; and a public hearing for CB-16-2020, an Emergency Act concerning the Landlord-Tenant Code and the prohibition of rent increases, rental terminations and late fees during the COVID-19 health crisis. The Council is also scheduled to vote on CB-51-2020, legislation concerning the continued Declaration of Emergency.
The Council’s COW will review the following proposed legislation:
- CB-002-2020 An Act concerning Local Purchasing Opportunities
- CB-003-2020 An Act concerning Health Food Priority Area Grocery Store Incentives
- CB-004-2020 An Act concerning Prince George’s County Mentor-Protégé Program
- CR-009-2020 A Resolution concerning the Prince George’s County Responsible Legacy Task Force
- CB-013-2020 An Act concerning Procurement Modernization
- CB-029-2020 An Ordinance concerning Bedroom Percentages
- CB-033-2020 An Ordinance concerning Virtual Hearings
- CR-051-2020 A Resolution concerning Prince George’s County, Maryland’s second continued Declaration of Emergency – Coronavirus
Council sessions and COW meetings are available for Live and On-Demand viewing HERE. To review meeting agendas, click HERE. This meeting format is consistent with Maryland’s Open Meetings Act and restrictions resulting from the state of emergency declared by Governor Hogan.