Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Council to Focus on Economic Development Tools, Incentives and Strategies
The Prince George’s County Council will hold a Council retreat on Monday, September 16th, 10:00 a.m. at Newton White Mansion, 2708 Enterprise Road in Mitchellville, Maryland.
During the Council Retreat, Council Members will receive an overview of existing Prince George’s County economic development program tools, incentives and strategies. An assessment of the County’s economic development efforts and strategies, and options for the future will also be discussed.
The Council Retreat is an open meeting.
Prince George’s County Council Retreat
Prince George’s County Council
Monday, September 16, 2019
10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Newton White Mansion
2708 Enterprise Road
Mitchellville, Maryland 20721
EC O N O M IC DE V E L O P ME N T PR O G R A M TO O L S , IN C E N T IV E S A N D ST R A T E G I E S
Newton White Mansion, 2708 Enterprise Road, Mitchellville, MD 20721
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast
10:00 a.m. Welcome
• Honorable Todd M. Turner, Chair, Prince George’s County Council
• Honorable Angela D. Alsobrooks, County Executive, Prince George’s County
• Major F. Riddick, Jr., Acting Chief Administrative Officer, Prince George’s County
• Raymond Gilley, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer for Economic Development
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Staff Presentation on Economic Development Incentives
• David S. Iannucci, President and CEO, Prince George’s County Economic
• Estella Alexander, Acting Director, Department of Housing and Community Development
• Shelly M. Gross-Wade, President and CEO, FSC First
• Dawn R. Medley, Senior Vice President, FSC First
• Stephen J. Paul, Associate Director, Redevelopment Authority, Prince George’s
• Donny R. James, Chief Real Estate Officer, Revenue Authority, Prince George’s
Staff Presentation on Economic Development Incentives (continued)
Major County Investment Tools and Incentives
TIF, PILOT, EDIF, etc.
Tax Credit Tools and Incentives
Opportunity Zone Program, Enterprise Zone Tax Credits, Revitalization Tax Credits, New Job Tax Credits, Grocery Store Tax Credits, etc.
FSC First Tools and Incentives
SBA 504, VLT, Green Business Program, Microenterprise Program, Purple Line Business Support, and other FSC First Programs and Services
State Tools and Incentives
MEDAAF, MSBDFA, VLT, TEDCO, Neighborhood Business Works Program, Other
Other Related County Economic Development Tools and Incentives
Employ Prince George’s (EPG) Programs, DHCD (including Housing PILOTs),
Revenue Authority, Redevelopment Authority, Capital Budget/PAYGO, etc.
12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Group Discussion
Council Members, Agency Heads, Program Directors, and other official retreat participants will Discuss and Assess the Status and Effectiveness of the County’s Overall Economic Development Efforts and Strategies, to date, as well as Plans / Options to Adjust the County’s Economic Development Programs and Strategies for the Future.