COUNTY COUNCIL TO RECOGNIZE MERITORIOUS CONTRIBUTIONS IN PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY DURING HYBRID PROCLAMATION CEREMONY; COUNCIL SESSION CONVENES - TUESDAY, MAY 17TH
The Prince George’s County Council will recognize meritorious contributions in Prince George’s County with the presentation of several Council Proclamations and commendations on Tuesday, May 17th at 10:00 a.m. Honorees include:
- Jeremy Keivon Manzili Phillips, recognizing his “Heroic Service in the Community.”
- Jessica Keirsten Phillips, recognizing her “Heroic Service in the Community.”
- Frederick Douglass High School Football Team, recognizing them as winning the “Class 2A Championship Title.”
- Monty Sutton, Frederick Douglass High School Head Football Coach, recognizing his “Outstanding Coaching Service.”
- Frederick Douglass High School Basketball Team, recognizing them as winning the “State Finalist Runner-Up.”
- Tyrone Massenburg, Frederick Douglass High School Basketball Head Coach, recognizing his “Outstanding Coaching Service.”
- JC Pinkney, at Frederick Douglass High School former Athletic Director, recognizing his “Exceptional Achievements.”
- Bowie State University “Bulldogs” Football Team, recognizing the team’s “CIAA Championship.”
- Bowie State University Women’s Bowling Team, recognizing the team’ssixth-consecutive “CIAA Championship.”
- Damon Wilson, Head Coach, Bowie State University Football Team, recognizing his “Exceptional Achievements and Coaching Service.”
- Warren Shadd, CEO of Shadd Pianos & Keyboard, USA, recognizing his “Exemplary Achievements as the First AfricanAmerican Piano Manufacturer in the World, and Professional Musician.”
Following the Proclamation Ceremony, at 1:30 p.m., the County Council will convene for a scheduled session to address Executive Appointments and conduct public hearings. Several measures will also be presented and introduced. CR-026-2022 and CR-027-2022, Resolutions concerning the FY 2022 Annual Action Plan for Housing and Community Development; and CR-037-2022, legislation concerning Supplementary Appropriation of Federal, State and other funds are scheduled for a Council vote.
Council meetings will be at reduced capacity and adhere to social distancing guidelines. For the latest Council Meeting Operations updates, CLICK HERE.
County Council and budget work session are available for Live and On-Demand viewing HERE. To review meeting agendas in their entirety, click HERE.