Clerk's Office | Public Hearing Notices & Sign Up to Speak
|Transportation, Infrastructure, Energy and Environment Committee (In-Person) on September 28, 2023 at 10:00am EDT|
|CR-067-2023 A RESOLUTION CONCERNING WALKABLE URBAN STREETS ACT OF 2023 ROADS AND SIDEWALKS - DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION STANDARDS AND REQUIREMENTS for the purpose of incorporating 2023 Urban Street Design Standards and Specifications as consistent with Plan Prince George's 2035 for Regional Transit Districts and Local Centers in Prince George's County, striving to balance the needs of all users that are business-friendly, walkable, bike-able and transit friendly; generally regarding design and construction standards and urban street designs.||Request to Speak/ Comments|
|CR-068-2023 A RESOLUTION CONCERNING SPECIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS - 2023 URBAN STREET DESIGN STANDARDS for the purpose of amending the "General Specifications and Standards for Highway and Street Construction" and the "Specifications and Standards for Highway Traffic Signals" of the Department of Public Works and Transportation; and generally regarding urban street design.||Request to Speak/ Comments|
|CB-069-2023 AN ACT CONCERNING URBAN STREET DESIGN POLICY AND STANDARDS for the purpose of adopting an urban street design policy and standards pursuant to the 2023 Urban Streets Design Standards, incorporated in the Department of Public Works and Transportation's "Specifications and Standards for Roadways and Bridges" (2007), as revised in 2023, consistent with the Council's 2014 approval of its most current general plan for the County, Plan Prince George's 2035; and generally regarding urban street design standards.||Request to Speak/ Comments|
|CB-079-2023 AN ACT CONCERNING BETTER BAG BILL - REVISIONS for the purpose of establishing a maximum charge for certain paper and reusable carryout bags provided by a retail establishment, with certain exceptions; establishing a certain supplemental nutrition exception for a maximum charge for certain paper and reusable carryout bags provided by a retail establishment; establishing certain exceptions for a maximum charge for certain reusable carryout bags provided by a retail establishment; and generally relating to the better bag bill revisions.||Request to Speak/ Comments|
Government Operations and Fiscal Policy Committee (In-Person) Meeting on September 28, 2023 at 1:30pm EDT
|CB-076-2023 AN ACT CONCERNING REVISION OF THE FAIR ELECTION FUND for the purpose of revising language of the Fair Election Fund in order to provide greater clarity.||Request to Speak/ Comments|
|CB-078-2023 AN ACT CONCERNING POLICE DEPARTMENT TOWING CONTRACTS for the purpose of providing certain legislative intent; providing certain definitions; providing for certain bid, contract, and subcontract requirements; providing for certain bid, contract, and subcontract reporting; and generally regarding Police Department towing contracts.||Request to Speak/ Comments|
|CB-082-2023 AN ACT CONCERNING GROCERY STORE TAX CREDITS for the purpose of increasing both real and personal tax credits for eligible grocery stores within the designated healthy food priority areas.||Request to Speak/ Comments|
|CB-088-2023 AN ACT CONCERNING CANNABIS REINVESTMENT AND RESTORATION COMMISSION for the purpose of creating the Cannabis Reinvestment and Restoration Commission; providing for the purpose, membership, terms and compensation of members, appointment of a chair, meeting standards, and duties of Cannabis Reinvestment and Restoration Commission; establishing the Community Reinvestment and Repair Special Revenue Fund for the purpose of receiving funds from the State Community Reinvestment and Repair Fund; providing that the Fund shall be a special, non-lapsing fund; establishing the purpose of the Fund; and generally relating to the Cannabis Reinvestment and Reparations Commission.||Request to Speak/ Comments|
|County Council on October 03, 2023 at 10:00am EDT|
|APPT-31-23 Appointment of the following individual as Health Officer for Prince George's County: Dr. Matthew D. Levy||Request to Speak/ Comments|
COUNTY COUNCIL STATE HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION’S CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM TOUR (In-Person) on October 10, 2023 at 1:30pm EDT
|STATE HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION'S CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM TOUR (In-Person)
||Request to Speak/ Comments|
REQUESTS BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL.
3 minutes per speaker prior to Council Session, limited to 5 speakers. Any participation requests in excess of 5 speakers will be provided the option of submitting their comments in writing OR being signed up for Public Participation at the next Council Session.
- The public may address the Council on community issues.
- Please do not use the "General Public Address" form to sign up to discuss Council Bills, Resolutions, pending legislative matters, or zoning cases.
- Comments for those items are accepted during the committee work-session, public hearing, or oral argument.
- Register to speak, in advance, by 3:00 p.m. on the day BEFORE the meeting.
- On-site registration is now available; however, advance registration to testify is strongly encouraged.
- To register, please create an eComment account, log in, and select the “Register to Speak” button for the appropriate eligible agenda item(s). NOTE: New users must verify their email as part of the account creation process.
- For those unable to use the portal, requests to speak may be emailed to: ClerkoftheCouncil@co.pg.md.us or faxed to (301) 952-5178.
- Verbal testimony provided during the Council’s live public hearings are captured in the Council’s video archive, so a separate written submission is not required.
- In-person participation at the following address:
Wayne K. Curry Administration Bldg, 1st Floor Council Hearing Room, 1301 McCormick Drive, Largo, MD 20774
SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY
- Written testimony or comments for public hearings and committee meetings will continue to be accepted via the Council’s eComment portal. Eligible items are posted above.
- For those unable to use the portal, comments/written correspondence may be emailed to: ClerkoftheCouncil@co.pg.md.us or faxed to (301) 952-5178.
- Submissions are to be received by 3:00 p.m. on the day BEFORE the County Council session, public hearing, or committee meeting.
- All testimony and comments received by the deadline will become part of the public record of the meeting and, when feasible, noted at the meeting. They will be shared with the Council Members, Council staff and other County agency staff.
- On-site submissions will be accepted; however, they will be distributed to the Council after the meeting.
VIEW COUNCIL AND COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- No registration needed to view
- Select the “In Progress” link available on the following webpages:
FIND COUNCIL MEETINGS & AGENDAS
- Agendas for all Legislative Branch meeting bodies may be found in the Legislative/Zoning Information System (LZIS) at the following link:
Watch the County Council LIVE: https://pgccouncil.us/LIVE
The Prince George's County Council will meet in a hybrid manner, both virtually and in-person, until further notice. In accordance with ADA requirements, accommodations for hearing impaired, disabled persons, and visually impaired persons can be provided upon reasonable notice to the Clerk of the Council. Sign language and interpreters for non-english speakers are available with reasonable advance notice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 301-952-3600. Closed-captioning is now available during livestreaming and on archived videos, effective April 30, 2020.