Permit Review

Building, Use and Occupancy, and Sign permits are issued by the Department of Environmental Resources. Applications for permits are also referred to other local agencies including the Department of Public Works and Transportation, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission, and the Health Department and the M-NCPPC for review and recommendations as to zoning requirements. Any permit issued without such review and recommendation is invalid.